Best Online Games To Play With Friends In 2020
Disclosure: As a member of the Amazon Associates program, we earn from qualifying purchases. Some links in this guide are affiliate links. We may get paid if you buy something or take an action after clicking one of these links, at no additional cost to you. It’s how we fund the work that it takes for us to create and maintain these guides.
With fast and smooth broadband internet connections being widely available, you no longer have to go to an internet gaming cafe or your friend’s house to play a game together. While dragging yourself and your laptop to their place for a couple of rounds of League of Legends and a fast food feast is still a tempting option, you can also play together from different computers and the comforts of your own homes.
Lucky for gamers, today’s growing video game industry has given us lots of fun, cool online games to choose from and play with your friends. Plus, a lot of them are available for multiple devices, including gaming consoles, PCs, smartphones, and tablets. So whatever device is in your arsenal, provided you have one of our picks of the best gaming router, you can use it to game with low pings and no lag!
To give you a head start on the best online games to play with friends, we’ve compiled a list of our top three favorites. There’s something here for every player and taste, so whether you like fast action or slow, virtual rural life, you’re bound to find your new favorite right here!
Our Top 3 Multiplayer Online Games For 2020
Stardew Valley has been running strong since 2016. This fan-favorite, well-balance game combines sim simulation with farming. In Stardew Valley, you get to escape the hustle and bustle of city life to take care of your deceased grandfather’s farm in a rural area known as Pelican Town. The game is open-ended, so you can enjoy helping revitalize the town and develop your farm for as long as you like! It includes farming activities such as growing crops, craftings items, fishing, taking care of livestock, mining, and selling your produce. It also offers socializing activities, like interacting with the townsfolk, getting married, and having children.
The latest 1.4 update has brought even more cool, fun features that will inspire you to grow your farm and profit – with a little help from the town’s magical inhabitants called Junimos. If you want more ideas about how to design your farm or come up with a profitable business model, you can always find answers in numerous Stardew Valley forums. Although the game offers many customization options, you can additionally download numerous mods to have your farm look just as you desire.
You can play Stardew Valley together with up to three other friends online!
Developer: Epic Games
Jumping from Stardew Valley to Fortnite is like going from fire to ice – but one thing these games have in common is that players love them. You may be seeing Fornite everywhere, and for good reason – it’s one of the most fun online games you can play with friends today!
At first glance, Fortnite is another battle royale game, and even if this is where it stops, it’d be enough because battle royale games are awesome. However, Fortnite is much more. There are three game mode versions that you can choose from to play with friends online:
- Fortnite: Save the World is a co-op shooter-survival campaign game for up to four players. You get to fight off monsters while exploring the world and protecting areas by building forts and crafting weapons.
- Fortnite: Battle Royale (or Battle Pass) is a free-to-play battle royale campaign where up to 100 players are dropped onto an island to scavenge for gear, defend themselves from other players, and try to survive. As the game progresses, the usable area on the island decreases, so players get less room to manipulate as time passes. The winner of the match is the last team or player to survive. You can play it alone (solo), with a partner (duo), or in a team of four (squad).
- Fortnite Creative gives players full freedom to build your own Fortnite as you purchase a virtual, private island and create everything on it – including buildings, forts, and any sort of objects imaginable. You’ll be the architect and creator of the world! You can play this version of Fortnite with up to 16 players (including you!), but you can share your final creation with the whole gaming community by getting featured.
This game is always staying current, as the developers frequently release cool new features that make Fortnite even more fun!
Don’t Starve Together is the multiplayer expansion of the survival game Don’t Starve, another critically-acclaimed pick on our list that is beloved by players for its graphics, creativity, and fun/scary surprises. Don’t Starve Together is a dark fantasy game where the players are thrown into a randomly generated map of uncompromising wilderness that’s, well, actively trying to kill them. In this multi-player version, you and your friends will have to work together to scavenge, manipulate, and exploit your environment as best as you can to avoid starvation and of course, being ruthlessly murdered by monsters.
Some fun activities this game offers for you and your friends include:
- Hunting and gathering to cook and, well, not starve.
- Crafting tools, weapons, structures and clothes for every deliciously vicious scenario that gets thrown at you.
- Surviving together! Every single player on your team must survive, so you’ll really have to work together. If any one player dies, then everyone else eventually dies, too, as their ghost will haunt you until it drives you insane.
You can play this multiplayer game with strangers or friends, and you can even get up to 64 players on a single map with a dedicated server. You can also play PvP.
The randomly generated new worlds, i.e. maps, are hauntingly beautiful, and the chilling soundtrack of the game is sure to create a perfectly creepy atmosphere.
Domain Name Sanity is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.
Last updated on September 26, 2023. Pricing Information and Product Images obtained from Amazon Product Advertising API.
View Related Articles
Every small business needs to have a reliable and smooth internet connection. Whether you’re running a small bookshop, a cafe, or an accounting agency, you’ll need a secure network and a fast internet connection that has the capacity to support multiple users – including employees, clients, and guests.
So you have a gaming console, a TV box, a computer, a Blu-ray player and a cable box, and they all use your TV’s HDMI switch. At some point, you’re bound to get sick of switching between cables every time you want to use the TV for a different purpose. Luckily, a single HDMI switch (or switcher) can solve the nuisance of constantly swapping and fumbling about with cables.
You have a powerful router that’s got all the members of your home and their devices connected to the internet. They remain seamlessly connected as they move, stream, work, and game from any corner of your home. But what about when they go outside? What about the dwindling connection in your back garden? Moving your router closer to the window won’t exactly solve the problem.