Get an Author Web Design That Stands Out
Are you an author who is at the beginning of their career, or maybe someone who has already published several books, but doesn’t have their own website?
Nowadays, without being present online, people simply can’t find you. Your name should be present online on the screens, and right in front of the people’s eyes - on their phones. You can achieve that goal by picking out good web design and focusing on the right digital branding.
Online Marketing For You Book Is An Important Step
Exposing your website on social media will definitely attract more readers. So, every author should make sure that they are as present online as they are offline.
Once you invest in creating your own website, you will see that it’s the first step to informing people about you and all of your works. In today’s competitive market, unless you stand out online, there are very low chances that your book will have a major impact, no matter how good it is - people won’t buy it unless they’ve heard about it. Create the hype online and wait for your potential readers’ book shopping sprees!
The Two Pillars of a Good Website - Content and Web Design!
Your website won’t be any good if you don’t invest in content and design. Since we’re assuming that you already are a great writer, you can easily handle the content part. What you should focus on perfecting is web design.
The key to a good website is good web design. However, not every web design will fit into every type of page. So, what might be a good web design for a restaurant website will likely be a failure when it comes to creating a website for an author. That’s the reason why collaborating with experts in web design can only improve your chances for online success - especially if you’re a newbie to all things digital. At Domain Name Sanity, for example, we can set you up with options for regular updates when you publish new works, and we can also host your author website.
Our author web design package includes:
- Premium themes and plugins using WordPress
- A mobile responsive website
- Search engine optimized design
- Content migration from your existing website
- Custom logo design optional
Just like your writing probably needs to evoke emotion, to capture your online audience you have to invest in a web design that will leave users in awe. Your design has to go hand in hand with your personality, your style of writing, the brand you’re building and the works you have published.
The Best of Author Web Design
There are many successful author websites online and we took great care to research what all of them had in common so we could incorporate it into a functional web design that brings new readers on the list. What we found was that there are a number of things you can do to make your author web design user-friendly and appealing.
So, the list of the findings looks like this:
- Include a list of all of your published works (this means the list may consist of any type of works, not only books)
- Mention the new releases and what is about to be released
- Have a subscription form your readers can fill in to get updates
- Make sure to leave a contact form just so readers can get to you and provide you with feedback
- Link to your social media profiles
- Make sure that your website is easy to navigate, loads fast, and provides an overall pleasant user experience
- Your web design should be unique but simple!
- Create a list of upcoming events, shows or any type of public outings where you’ll be present, or you’ll give a speech
- Include your own personal blog where you’ll post regularly. (This is an amazing way to interest the readers in checking your website more often!)
- Organize free webinars where you can teach younger generations about the process of writing
All in all, this will give you the chance to communicate with your readers through your website, give them more valuable information about yourself, your style, and process of writing. You will also hear their opinions about your books and keep them updated on what they can expect from you next. This is a great opportunity to meet your readers on another level, by virtually communicating with them through your website.
What Design Components Should an Author Website Include?
The optimal number of pages that your website should have is around six and here’s what each one of them should be about.
- The first page should be about the author, include a photo of the author and explain a bit about their personality and style of writing. This page could also state the upcoming events that the author will speak at, the latest publications, etc.
- The second page should include a list of all of your books, a short description of each one of them and a link to where they can be bought online.
- Your third page should be all about your most recent release, or what you’re about to release.
- The fourth page should include all of your other works, which are not books - essays, poems, short stories, etc.
- The fifth page should be your blog.
- The last page should be a contact us page.
Now that you know what your website should consist of and what makes a good author website, we hope it’ll help you opt for the right design. In the end, if you aren’t into designing, as much as you are into writing, you can always contact us, right? Our service comes with web hosting, and just for $25 a month.