Our Linux VPS servers are available in 30 cities worldwide.
Choice of 30 Global Data Centers · IPv4 and IPv6 · Choice of Linux OS
Unmanaged by our team · Full root access · 24x7 Technical Support
An unmanaged Linux VPS is a virtual private server that does not include any server management by our team. This means that you have complete control over the server and are responsible for all aspects of its maintenance, including security, updates, backups, and configuration. While this may sound daunting, it also means that you have the freedom to install any software or application that you need, customize your server settings, and scale up to larger plans as required.
One of the main advantages of using an unmanaged Linux VPS is cost. Since you are responsible for managing the server yourself, you can save money on management fees and other overhead costs. By managing the server yourself, we are able to offer cheap Linux VPS plans, making it an affordable option for anyone looking to host their website or application on their own server. However, it's important to note that an unmanaged VPS does require a certain level of technical expertise, so it may not be the best option for beginners or those without any experience in server management. This is why we also offer managed VPS with cPanel, where we build and manage the server for you.
When it comes to choosing between an unmanaged and managed Linux VPS, it's important to consider your technical expertise, budget, and the level of control you require. Here are a few key differences to keep in mind:
1. Cost: One of the main advantages of unmanaged Linux VPS hosting is that it's more affordable compared to managed VPS plans. That's because, with unmanaged hosting, you have to take care of everything yourself, from configuration to security, which requires a certain level of technical know-how.
2. Flexibility: Unmanaged Linux VPS gives you complete control over your server environment. This makes it ideal for developers and system administrators who want to customize and tweak their server settings to meet specific requirements. You can install a range of different Linux distributions, add custom scripts, and integrate any third-party application without any restrictions.
3. Technical Skills Required: Unmanaged Linux VPS hosting is not for beginners. You need to have a sound understanding of server management and Linux-based operating systems to handle the responsibility of administering and maintaining your server. If you're not technically inclined, you may find our managed hosting plans more suitable for your needs.
4. Support: We monitor and maintain the hardware that your server runs on, but part of the reason that we can offer you such as cheap Linux VPS is that you're responsible for the software environment. Managed VPS hosting comes with access to our 24x7 team of experts who are responsible for managing your server. This includes configuring your server, maintaining its performance, and handling any security issues that arise. With unmanaged hosting, you're on your own. If you experience any issues, you'll need to be able to diagnose and resolve them yourself or hire a specialist to help you. We don't offer support for software issues on our unmanaged VPS plans, and you cannot add management to a server that we haven't built from the start as a managed VPS.
5. Security: Managed VPS hosting plans typically include advanced security features, such as regular updates, firewalls, and optional anti-malware software like Imunify360, to keep your website safe from cyber threats. With unmanaged hosting, it's up to you to ensure that your server is secure. You'll need to implement your own security measures and keep up with security updates to prevent any unwanted breaches.
In conclusion, if you're looking for a cheap Linux VPS and have the technical knowledge, unmanaged hosting might be a great option. It gives you greater flexibility and control, while also helping you save money. However, if you're not confident in your technical skills or need the peace of mind that comes with 24/7 support and security, managed VPS hosting plans may be a better choice.